Friday, February 6, 2009

Holy moly! A year already?

I just noticed, much to my astonishment, that Jan. 14 marked the one-year anniversary of Memory, my experiment in serialized online storytelling. If you'll harken back to the original rules, you'll see my goal was to produce a chapter/installment each week of roughly 1,000 words. I would not plot ahead. I had no idea how long it would be when I started, and honestly, I still don't have a clear guesstimate on that point. I missed the weekly posting goal by a pretty miserable margin--I'm up to roughly 33,000 words whereas it should be topping 52,000 by this point. But I haven't cheated by going back and doing rewrites and I generally meet my 1,000-word-per-chapter goal, if not surpass it.

For those of you who missed it, we're also a week shy of the anniversary of my first (and thus far only) interview with one of the two leads in the story, Flavius MacDuff. The interview didn't go quite as I'd expected, which puts it on footing quite similar to Memory itself. Enjoy.

No comments: